Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Socks

Okay, so I've been staying in Woodhall Spa, which is a village in South Lincolnshire. The closest city is Lincoln. Boston's not too far away, and Horncastle and Coningsby are nearby too. GEOGRAPHY OVER.

Anyway, this week I forgot to bring any socks with me. Socks provide an important barrier between my delicate yet manly feet, and the harsh, brown leather shoes I like to rock.

Where the fuck are you supposed to get men's socks after 6PM? I'm not really that much in the middle of nowhere. There's a pretty big Tesco in Horncastle, but no men's socks there. There are medium-sized supermarkets in Woodhall Spa and Coningsby. I spent almost an hour driving about in a futile attempt to clothe my toes. No avail.

HOWEVER, every single one of these places had a fairly good selection of tights and women's socks. Tights aside, Tesco had at least 6 different sets of women's socks to select from, but not a mansock in sight. Fucking bizarre.

Long, not particularly interesting story short, today I am wearing women's socks. It's not that big a deal, really. They're not entirely dissimilar to men's socks. It doesn't make me any less of a man. Definitely. Probably more of a man, if anything.

At least I didn't forget my boxers.

No comments: