Anyway, without doing much looking, I stumbled upon Saint Helena.
Saint Helena is an interesting little Island situated in the South-Atlantic Ocean, in the South-West area of Africa. It's incredibly tiny, and without knowing where it is it would be very difficult to find on a map. The territory of Saint Helena also includes a few other islands such as
Ascension Island and Tristan Da Cunha, both of which are even tinier and just as worthy of a visit.
Anyway, reasons to liveon Saint Helena:
- First of all, it's a British Overseas Territory. They all speak English, so communication isn't going to be too much of an issue. That's a definite plus.
- The capital is 'Jamestown'. My name is James. It would effectively be my town. This is how the world works.
- With a population of 4000, you could definitely get to know anyone. You even have a pretty good chance of ruling the place (About 1 in 4000, and that's assuming everyone wants the job). So you could be President or Prime Minister or whatever position it is that puts you in the seat of power. Which brings me to my next point...
- St Helena's leader is the 'Governor'. This is just like back in the pirate days! Like in Monkey Island or Pirate of the Caribbean, where the islands all have governors! This is definitely a selling point. I could arrive on that island just like Guybrush Threepwood arrived on Melée Island. I could get a map, a ship and a crew, and sail to Tristan Da Cunha!
- That's not it though. St Helena is one of the most isolated places in the world. It doesn't even have an airport. It's always jolly nice to get away from those hideous 'people'
- History-wise, this is where Napoleon was exiled after Wellington smacked him up. He died on this island. Poor guy.
- Finally, it's a pretty beautiful place. A couple of weeks spent floating around those island would be a wonderful, unique experience, and I definitely fancy it. There's an airport being built in 2017, so if you can get there before then it won't be touristy at all.